Basking in the sun, swimming, enjoying some scenery, getting those needed vitamins are all a wonderful treatment :)
However, for PARENTS going to the beach is never the same compared to the OLD SINGLE DAYS! And you are left wondering at the end of every BEACH DAY, is it worth it?
Here, allow me to share our FAMILY Beach Experiences and why regardless of all the differences...WE still believe it is Worth it!
- Whatever time you woke up, you can simply get dress and leave.
- It's not a big deal if you got stuck in traffic.. you can always stay an extra hour or 2 and even watch the sunset!!
- Your beach bag had nothing else but some magazines or a BOOK, your headphones, some tanning lotion and a towel!
- Your beach day plan was to relax and get a tan.
- You can swim and dip in the water whenever you want.
- Once you found your spot on the sand, you barely moved for hours.
- Upon leaving time, all what you had to do was get up and leave!
Those days are long gone!! To be precise... it's been almost 6 years now since we enjoyed that feeling!!
First of all, it takes ages to leave the house! Even if we are up since 7:00 a.m!!
It's not only going to the beach thing...it is simply leaving the house with Kids thing :)
- Regardless what time you wake up it will takes you forever to leave the house!
- It's a nightmare, if you get stuck in traffic with 2 kids in the car!
- You can't leave the house with a small BAG!! (
- Your New Beach plans: Bath your children with as much sunscreen as possible.
- Swimming and dipping in the water is mostly in the kiddy pool!
- Once you find your spot on the sand and set everything up, your kid tell you they NEED to use the bathroom. (and oh if you weren't fast enough to make it to the bathroom!!!)
- Last but not least...upon leaving time... it’s usually because the kids are crying, hitting each other, pooped through a stupid flipping swimmy diaper, or there are no snacks left to keep the kids quiet. It takes them around an hour to pack all the bags, dry and dress them up and finally make it to the car!!!
Here's a SNEAK-PEAK from Parent's with Kids day at the beach!
Now, what still makes it worth it?
- Watching your little ones faces lighting up & their eyes shining!
- Living the experience with them... Listening to their endless laughter's as water splashes in their faces!
- Last but not least, that proud moment when you teach them how to SWIM and enjoying a yet another Happy Milestones with them!