When he started nursery last year, the crafts & papers started pouring in! Fast forward to now.... and with only 4 more month left for his 2nd school year to end...
I feel I'm already embracing myself for round 2 of all the mountains of art, school papers, and awards that he will be inevitably bringing home. Sound familiar?
So I found myself wondering: “What do you do with your kids’ school work?”
What’s a predicament? Which brought me to this important question:
How to Organize ALL of the School Work, Drawings, Pictures...that your Child Brings home?
So it took me almost 3 hours to sort his last years from this years papers, YET...
I couldn't throw any of them away!! YES....
1st: they make me feel like a good mother, cause I don't have my scribbles saved from my own childhood
2nd: I really love and enjoy watching everything my son did
3rd: last but not least...I have no idea what to throw or what to keep!!
So, I referred to GOOGLE for answers :) and Here's some interesting articles as well to creative simple and fun ideas I came across:
So what to keep and how to save these memories?
What to KEEP?
A) Shows their personality
B) Shows their growth in a certain area
C) Makes YOU smile
How to STORE?
here's some nice Ideas that I am very tempted to try!
Next....Create a Memory Binder!! Yes...BINDERS were proposed in almost all my search as 1 of the best ideas to organize and save your kid's mos cherished artwork..
It's very straightforward and simple....A fast, fun to look through, and easy to keep up with and store.
Extra TIP: ONLY STORE THEIR SPECIAL WORK! (add some special notes / like a scrapbook). GIVE IT TO THEM ON THEIR GRADUATION DAY!
WHAT GOES INTO THE BINDERS?
Whatever matters to you gets saved. If it is not too important, you don’t need to keep it... PICK the ITEMS THAT HAVE A SPECIAL MEANING:
- FIRST STORY?
- FIRST FAMILY PICTURE THAT HE/SHE DREW?
- Report cards every year. Special notes from their teachers. Preschool graduation diplomas.
- Share with the Grandparents: they will love saving those memories.
- Save on an App: Look for Special apps that help you in storing..take a picture of the artwork and store it
- Create a Photo-book: This will keep all of those extra papers in one little thin book for you! This will cost money, but it may be well worth it to you. You could do one every year.