IF you are wondering why or how can that be possible!! well..only other parents with kids can relate & understand, yet let me break it down :)
- Single people: they have a towel, a book and a cooler (beer, water, and a sandwich)
- Single people look cheerful, energetic, & very well-rested.. if they look a bit tired it's only cause they were up late partying!
- Single people are enjoying their drinks, chatting with friends, dancing, walking freely around, eating their lunch slowly & peacefully, swimming, reading a book quietly & above all... they are sitting on their benches enjoying the waves & can actually NAP!!!
- Single people fold up their towels, put their book in their tiny bags and head off the beach to another beach party or a pub or movies!!!
- Then they go home take a peaceful hot showers and sleep quietly for 12hrs!!!
PARENTS WITH KIDS
- Parents are the ones carrying 2-3 bags!! We leave the house with our big beach bag, the toys bag (don't even dare to just think of keeping it home!!) and our pouch bags!!
We got our towels extra change for kids..extra towels -soap and shampoo: to wash and change them if it's a long drive back home..water bottles for each..snacks for my baby (if resort allows bringing it in), buckets, shovels, rakes, all sorts & shapes of beach & sand plastic toys!! 2-3 types of Sunscreen SPF 50+ .
- Parents have a cooler filled with:
- Drinks (juice, water & flavored milk),
- Food: P&J sandwiches, Turkey & cheese sandwiches, cheese sticks!!
- snacks: goldfish, granola bars, cookies, chips, crackers, fruit yogurt
- Fruits (watermelon, grapes, cherries)
- Parents with kids look exhausted before they even start the day...mostly coz they've been UP since 6:30 am!!
- Parents prepare & set up chaise lounge but barely sit down all day!!! They are either running around after 1 & chasing the other kid...feeding them snack 1 - lunch & snack 2!! applying sunscreen to a kid, taking the other to WC...Playing with their little ones by the pool or Building a sand castle... calming a crying kid then putting the other to nap... making sure everyone is happy & above all SAFE!! Parents never get to sit, chat, or NAP!!
- Parents with kids requires at least an hour to actually get ready before leaving!! Leaving is usually after only 4hrs from arriving..and it's due because either one of the kids is cranky and sleepy or the other is super misbehaving!!! You need to shower and change for the kids, use WC, feed 1 more snack, pack back all the stuff!!
- Buckle up the kids, put all the bags in the car and head home to relax. Yeaahhhh......!!! No, that's not right!!!
Once parents get home, they have to remove and wash all toys & towels, bath, prepare dinner, and put the tired kids to bed!! Then they can go around finish all pending chores around the house before they can finally crash in bed by max 9:30-10:00pm!!!