Meet 29 year-old Maya Terro.... Foodblessed Co-founder!!!
“I used to think that people didn’t care, but I’ve found out that people just didn’t know how.” Thus, Food Blessed started tackling food poverty in Lebanon while addressing & raising awareness on food waste! (Reg.# 770). In 3 years Maya set up a street feeding program that has dished out 190 000 meals to Syrian refugees in need with no start up money or running costs.
How they did it....by creating a huge network that consists of
catering companies, restaurants, & Manufacturing companies towards achieving their VISION of a hunger-free Lebanon!!! They focus on 2 major issues: food rescue and the CSR of food (and non-food) companies.
- foodblessed partners with catering companies- during an event, surplus food that is still in excellent condition is distributed via local NGOs to the families in need residing in the vicinity of where the event is taking place.
- foodblessed partners with restaurants, who can:
- Provide with their surplus food
- Provide with monthly meal vouchers
- Provide with monthly hot meals
- Contribute to FoodBlessed FOOD FUND
- foodblessed partners with major food manufacturing companies, who can: -donate food items including canned food etc…
FoodBlessed throws monthly outings in-collaboration with Zaatar W Zeit to entertain Kids from SPRING OF LIFE & give them a great time full of
Stories, Songs, Face painting, Races, Snacks & Running around the parks (Sanayeh-Sioufi...) ..
Spread the word = spread the love
Via word of mouth and social media outlets