After 4 years of struggle for re-opening this 40,000-sq-metre pine forest & giving access to the public the park will only be open in stages!!
Stage 2: Every Saturday and Sunday! (except if the NAHNOO NGO handling this project managed to keep it open on a daily basis)
However, to achieve their ultimate & main goal WE should ALL Remember that entrance to this park is a right for every one of us, BUT it comes with responsibilities such as respecting the law (security, hygiene, etc.) so as to protect this park, to prove we are worthy of this TRUST and RIGHT (for our PUBLIC Space), and to PREVENT LOOSING it again!
- Herch Beirut is the biggest remaining #Green #PublicSpace in the middle of Beirut city!!
- Families can enjoy an outdoor sunny day within few minutes from their homes
- Kids can play, bicycle, or just run freely in the open space (Playing ball is not permitted yet)...
- Couples, singles, parents, Grandparents, regardless of your age or status...can all enjoy the quite peace, read their favorite book, or just peacefully sit there, gaze out in the open nature, unwind and relax in the lovely seen....
- But above all this, it is free!!
- You will gain a long desired & new healthy habits.
- You will be able to socialize more & build new relations, find a new stress free spot..
- You will start craving more for the time, should it be an hour after a long day at work, or maybe a morning visit for a nice walk in the nature and a boost to better kick off your day ahead!
Whatever your reasons, enjoy this hidden-gem :)
Remember: Respect the Rules so you can further enjoy this GREEN Beauty!